Sunday, June 20, 2010

Be inspired--create a world without cancer

Left: Five squirrels enjoying breakfast as I drove by after my run

The Saturday Morning Run

I run with Team in Training every Saturday, and I've met some incredible people! This Saturday, I ran with a doctor and a program manager for health care continuing education. Most of the people I've met so far are involved in health care in some way, and many people are involved because someone they care about has fought a blood cancer. Their stories are incredible, encouraging.

Fund raising is harder than I thought it would be. I don't know if it's due to the current economy or if people are donating elsewhere. But I'm committed. This is too important, and researchers are making progress. Amazing progress. Researchers will soon be testing a vaccine for breast cancer, and the FDA recently approved a prostate cancer vaccine.

I've been posting messages on Facebook, but I've gotten a very small response. At work, I have a See's candy display in the break room, and I'll be hosting a Pampered Chef fund raiser shortly. If you have any fund raising ideas, I'm all ears! This is too important. And if you can donate, please do. It will help fund a cure, and it provides a tax benefit for you! Most importantly, think of the lives you will help to save . . .

After the run

After my run (six miles--woohoooo!), I cleaned up and went wine tasting. The weather was gorgeous, the views were incredible, and the wine was tasty! I think I like living in wine country! I was able to visit two wineries, but there are so many more to visit! If you are in my area, give me a call, and let's go wine tasting!

Writing

Now that I"m blogging again, I'm feeling the need to submit to a blog carnival. So far, I haven't written anything worthy of Grand Rounds--Where else can I submit? Has anyone submitted to Carnival of the Vanities lately? I'd prefer to submit to a theme oriented blog carnival--any ideas? I need to write!

No comments: