Monday, June 14, 2010

Ups, downs, and crazy busy

No, I'm not referring to hills . . . although there are lots of hills where I live, and it's hard to run without running up one of them, but I digress.

Training has it's ups and downs. I initially felt like I was making a lot of progress, but the past two weeks have been a little "meh." I have these expectations that every time I run, I'll run farther and faster than the time before, but it really isn't like that. There are so many variables that affect training. It's getting warmer, and some days are more humid than others. Evening runs are hard to do after working all day (actually, it's hard to leave work to go for a run when I have a major deadline approaching!). Also, I've had some of my own health struggles lately.

However, I am out there running . . . even when I don't feel like it (I recently ran a 5k, and I changed some of the evening runs to morning runs to avoid the heat). I just remind myself why I'm doing this and that makes all the difference.

No comments: