Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Work . . . Relax

Last night, I walked through my door at ~8 PM, rested for a moment on my bed, and fell (deeply and soundly) asleep. Right away. No thinking about checking email, reading a book, calling anyone . . . Once I was off of my feet, I was asleep--slam dunk.

Of course, I woke up at ~12:30 AM and realized that I left my phone in my car . . . I didn't plan to walk in the door and fall asleep! So, in the middle of the night, I was wandering out to my car to retrieve my phone (which is also my alarm clock). Yes, I was at work on time (seriously? did you think I would be late?)!

Eating right isn't always easy to do (especially when there isn't time to eat), but it is doable. Taking care of myself in other ways is doable as well, but getting enough rest can be a challenge for me. A huge challenge--so I guess I needed the sleep!

Tonight, like every other Wednesday, was a scheduled team workout night. However, I was invited by some friends (whom I don't see often enough) to join them for dinner. I opted to cancel my workout plans so I could see my friends (priorities, people!). As it turned out, the workout was canceled due to the heat--100+ degrees (and it's almost October!). Yay--I made the right decision!

Life is more than scheduled workouts, project plans, and meeting deadlines . . . Sometimes I beat myself up to meet a deadline only to find that it's been moved because others can't meet it (usually for good reason . . . like the workout that was canceled due to the heat--the heat is a health risk).

Like everyone else, I want to shine. But I'm human. I can't be everywhere at once. I don't know everything. I am not superhuman. If you want excellence, I can give you that. If you want perfect, you'll have to look elsewhere.

No comments: