Monday, January 17, 2011

"Embrace 'the suck'"

"Embrace 'the suck'" is the most often heard phrase so far. I don't want to imply that it has been horrible, but the mornings are very cold before the sun rises. Going to the range last week was fun, except for those cold, early mornings . . .

About those desert sunrises . . . they are absolutely incredible. And I was telling my mom this morning that I will take the cold weather over the rattle snakes any day. Seriously.
"To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." Lao Tzu
Today was great--I had email, skype, and phone conversations with the people I love! They may be far away physically, but they are with me in my heart always. Later, I saw the movie Black Swan with a friend in my class (very creepy movie).

When we return from the field, a few of us are going to go horseback riding in the desert (a two hour trail ride). We've tried to go twice unsuccessfully--this time we have reservations. I can't wait!


Life is good--Cheers!

No comments: