Sunday, October 24, 2010

Change

"It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad." CS Lewis
 CS Lewis was so wise . . .

Some people run away from change, and some change is worthy of fleeing!  But for me, the changes in my life have been good. And things (to my constant amazement!) always seem to work out for the best.

Let me back track a bit . . .

Last February, I buttoned up our house in Washougal and packed my bags to head to an Army course at Ft. Huachuca, AZ. Just a couple of hours into my drive, my branch manager called and told me to turn around. Why? I still didn't have the clearance required for the school. I decided to head south regardless and visit family and friends. While still on the road, I received a call from a recruiter for a job in the Sacramento area . . .

About two weeks later, I was headed to El Dorado Hills to work on a contract for Blue Shield of California (BSC). The contract was originally supposed to end in August, but it was extended.

While working for BSC, my clearance was granted, and I was scheduled to go to my Army course in April.

Things were going well--I trained with Team in Training for the Nike Women's Marathon, raised $2400 for LLS, and made some great friendships along the way. After the race though, I was feeling like I was ready to move forward. What timing . . .

After the race, we learned that BSC wasn't committing to an extension past December 17 (budget), so I called my branch manager . . .

Now, I'll be wrapping things up for BSC on December 17, spending two and a half weeks with my monsters (can't wait!), visiting friends and family, and moving . . . because now I start my course on January 4, 2011!

I'm so excited--nervous, but excited! This change is good--I'm sure I was once a very good egg, but I hatched, and now I'm ready to learn to fly!

No comments: