Friday, October 15, 2010

Nike Women's Marathon - Part 1

Katie, a Team in Training friend, emailed me this picture today. Many people are already in San Francisco picking up race packets and preparing for the marathon (half marathon for me and many others). I worked today--and my car broke down this morning.

I'll start with explaining the car . . . I planned to be at work (after an hour commute) by 7 AM (ish). I left my house and stopped by Starbuck's. I got my drink (hot cocoa for those of you who are interested) and went back to my car, but my car wouldn't start! It sounded fine, like it was "turning over," but it just wouldn't start . . . so I called my dad (sorry Mom and Dad!), then I called AAA. In the end, I learned that my car thought that someone (me) was trying to steal her. In the meantime, I rented a car, went to work, herded cats, etc . . .

Two weeks prior, my purse (and my keys and address among other things) were stolen while I was running in the Urban Cow Half Marathon in Sacramento, so I needed to have my car re-keyed. Apparently, the re-keying process failed.

However, all is fixed now! I'll be leaving at 5:30 AM tomorrow to head to San Francisco. I still need to pick up my race packet (the main thing!), check into my room,  and check out Nike Town!

I'm nervous and anxious, but mostly excited! I have so many things on my mind, but for this weekend, my focus is totally running this race . . . this is very emotional for me. I'm packing now--I hope I don't forget anything!

I promise to post pictures afterward. And I appreciate the support given to me from my friends! Thank you!

Related post:
Urban Cow, etc

No comments: