Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Thank you!

Thank you to everyone who supported me in my fund raising efforts to find a cure for cancer and donated to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society via my fund raising page. Thanks to my mentor and team members who donated their volunteer hours to help me reach my goal. Thanks to the brave folks who allowed us to wash their cars! And thanks to everyone for their encouragement while I trained for this event--you have no idea how much this meant to me!

I'm so excited for this weekend! And I'm sad that this training season is coming to an end . . . It's hard to describe exactly how I'm feeling right now.

Below is the course map. There are some intimidating hills, but the views will be incredible! And the feeling of accomplishment at the end--indescribable.


With the help of a friend on the team, I'll be constructing a video of my training leading up to Nike and the event itself to share with anyone interested. Don't be surprised if there are pictures of me crying at the finish line. Honestly, during the last mile of Urban Cow, I was almost in tears while reading the sign posts of people who have been helped by the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society--it's very emotional. I know I won't be able to hold back at the finish of Nike . . .

When this event is over, I'll be posting information on my blog for how you can become involved if you are interested--it is so rewarding to help others. There wasn't anything easy about this--fund raising is difficult, training is mentally and physically challenging, but it is all so worth it. I have grown so much through this experience, and you will too.

Thank you.

No comments: